Top Essential Skin care Tips for Teens
Here you can find:
- Skin Type
- Essential Steps for Healthy Skin of Teens
- Benefits of a Good Skin Care Routine
- Essential Skincare Tips for Teens
Teenage, we can say the stage of adolescence is not so easy. Rapid hormonal growth, body changes, mood swinging, school, group pressure and so much more. These changes reflect on the skin as well. Skin problems in the teenage years are very common and teenagers are particularly suffered from acne problem because levels of hormones increase at puberty. The essential skincare tips can help in controlling the problems you may face during teenage.
First of all, we need to know that, about your skin types. Defining your skin type is essential to take proper care of your skin as it allows you to choose the appropriate products.
So, let’s find out your skin type:
There are 4 basic types of skin and usually determined by genetics but there are daily habits and environmental factors too that can affect a skin condition. Each skin type has specific characteristics and symptoms and requires special attention.
Normal Skin type is matte and rarely shines. This type of skin is well balanced neither too oily nor too dry with small pores and even tone. This skin type secret balanced sebum.
Oily Skin type has a glossy shine and visible pores. Oily skin is skin that produces too much sebum which can lead to clogged pores and acne.
Dry Skin type looks dull, patchy and barely visible pores, which prone to redness, irritation and infection sometimes. This skin type produces less sebum as compared to Normal Skin.
Combination Skin is a skin type having a combination of Oily skin in some area of your face and dry skin in other areas. The area which covered the oily zone is forehead, nose and chin (T-zone) and rest part of the face is dry.
There are many internal as well as external factors that determine the skin condition including climate and pollution, medication, stress, hereditary factors that influence the levels of sebum. Whatever the skin type you have, by following a healthy routine, skin health will also improve.
Essential Steps to be taken for Healthy Skin of Teens
If you want healthy skin, then some essential steps will need to be included in your routine and it’s not a big deal to follow these steps consistently. So now we will have a look at the basic skin care tips for teens.
Clean skin is happy skin! So the first step one should have to take is to clean the skin thoroughly. Cleaning properly will help remove impurities and any excess oil. Find out a mild cleanser as per the skin type that does not pull essential oils from your skin. Use a gentle foam-based cleanser for the morning routine and an oil-based cleanser at night to remove makeup, dirt, excessive sweat from the skin.
After cleansing, swipe on an alcohol-free toner. Toning is an essential key step which helps to rebalance the pH levels of the skin and rejuvenate the skin. It has unexpected importance for teenage skin, especially acne-prone skin. Toner tightens the pores and thus prevents new spots and blackheads from forming. Alcohol and chemical-based toner will harm the skin. Better to buy toners made by natural ingredients that are safe and gentle on skin.
Using a moisturizer is super important. Choose a hydrating and nourishing moisturizer that is right for your skin type which helps in maintaining the right moisture level in the skin. When you moisturize, you are not just hydrating your skin; you are also protecting it from dust and pollution.
Since the teens usually spend more time outdoors and dress lightly (t-shirts and shorts) they are more exposed to the Sun. Wearing a sunscreen every day is essential if you want healthy skin. It protects the skin from UV rays of the Sun. If you are into sports or other outdoor activities, you must buy a sunscreen with SPF 35 and you can reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or sweating. And if you spend most of your time indoors then sunscreen with SPF 15 will do.
These are the essential steps for basic skincare. Skincare routine will not be the same for everyone; it may differ from person to person depending upon the internal and external factors.
Benefits of a Good Skin Care Routine
It is very difficult to start a new habit or to change any habit in our daily routine but once you see results, it’s got a lot easier. Just like that, by adopting a habit of a skincare routine, you can observe that your skin getting clearer. Won’t you want to keep those results going? Off course yes! Even if you wear expensive clothes or shoes, the face is first seen and they can’t hide your damaged or rough skin. A good skincare routine leads to healthy skin in teens in spite of what hormonal changes teens go through this age.
Here are some benefits of skincare in teenage
1. Clean and fresh skin- Everyday skincare keeps your skin clean and fresh all the time. It removes dust, excessive sweat, dead skin and unclogs pores. When your skin is clean, you feel fresh always.
2. Slow down ageing- No one can stay youthful forever, but we can significantly slow down the ageing process with a proper skincare routine and the sooner you start the better it will be. Due to pollution, stress, lifestyle, lack of balanced diet skin get damaged from outside and from inside in teenagers too. Hence good skincare start from teenage is helpful to slow down the ageing process.
3. Boosts confidence- when you are confident about your skin, it can positively impact other areas of your life as well. Healthy and glowing skin boosts your confidence which helps in reducing stress level.
4. Hydrated Skin- With cleansing, toning a moisturizing process, your skin will be hydrated all the time. Regularly moisturizing your skin is a key to maintaining your skin’s health. Drinking enough water also hydrate your skin and maintain its elasticity.
Your skin is the body’s largest organ and the first line of health defence needs to be protected. By developing a few simple habits, you can start taking better care of your skin immediately.
Essential Skincare Tips for Teens
It is almost impossible to get through your teen years without any complaints about your skin. But it’s not hard to take care of your skin with intense hormonal growth in teenage. Here you can find top essential skincare tips for teens.
- Try to follow the routine of Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing your skin 2 times (Morning and Night) in a day without fail. This is the basic skincare for healthy skin.
- Don’t touch your face with your hands repeatedly. We don’t even know that unknowingly we touch our face frequently and popping the pimples which result in scars on the face. So keep your hand away from your face and also trim your nails from time to time.
- Sunscreen is must to keep your skin forever healthy. It protects from suntan as well as many skin diseases. Select a sunscreen as per your activities and apply it at least 30 mins before going out.
- Exfoliation is one essential step to be taken once a week to remove deep-seated impurities and dead skin. It makes your skin soft and supple. You should have to take care while exfoliating or scrubbing the skin. Don’t exfoliate the acne or pimples. Avoid chemical-based products for scrubbing, use only gentle products. Brown Sugar is best for exfoliation.
- Drink plenty of water because water will keep your skin hydrated and glowing. Water flushes out the toxins from our vital organ and as you know skin is the largest organ of our body. Water helps reduce acne, marks and pimples, even delaying the ageing process to an extent.
- Balance diet – the healthier the foods that are you consume, the better your skin will look. Your diet should contain vegetables, fruits, grains, protein and dairy. It is essential to have healthy food to nourish your skin.
- Remove your makeup before going to bed even if you are too tired of all-day activities. If you sleep with makeup you might develop acne or can have bump rash skin. You can use a pre-moistened cleansing wipe to take-off makeup.
- Smile enhances the beauty of the face. Lips are a part of your face and they can’t be ignored. That’s why scrubbing your lips is also essential once in a while. Use a lip balm to nourish them after scrubbing. Do not put lipstick regularly as it may dry or cracks your lips.
- Don’t put heavy makeup that can be harsh to your skin. Use light and gentle makeup products. Also don’t share your makeup. You never know you might get an infection.
- Our body and mind remain calm when we sleep and also our skin gets rejuvenate during our sleep. So it’s essential for teens to sleep at least for 8-9 hours at night.
Being a teen should be fun. Take charge of your skincare with these tips, and soon a clear complexion will put a smile on your face.